14 Practice sessions with Shilpa
Teacher Refresher Course – Take your Practice/Teaching to the next level
As part of the requirements of a Registered Yoga Teacher by Yoga Alliance it is important that you continually study, improve your practice and teaching skills. In addition to learning new material, this course will reinforce the knowledge gained during the training.
Content for 14 days – daily 2 hours workshop and practice
• Working with Backbends – Preliminaries, Cautions, Working with special conditions and revisiting the principles
• Leading a class with Meditation as the focus
• Leading a class with Yoga Nidra as the focus
• Learning how to teach Inversions – Safety, preliminaries, preparation and working with special conditions
• Leading a beginners class and introducing abstract concepts in a language that is acceptable
• Working with Forward bends & Twists
• Working with Pregnancy, Galucoma, Hernia & High Blood Pressure
• Introducing Breath Work to beginners and incorporating special breathing techniques into your sessions to lead the student to the experience of calm stillness
• Incorporating Qi Gong sequences into your classes
• Working with Chakras and Sound Meditation
• Introducing Meridians into your classes
• Sequencing for a smooth flow – working with transitions and combining Asanas
• Sequencing for a vigorous practice
• Sequencing for a gentle, slow meditative practice
Through attending the 14 Day Refresher, you will receive 28 hours credits for Continuing Education which you can login upon completion of the course on the Yoga Alliance website
23rd Nov (Fri) to 6th Dec (Thurs) 2018
7:00am to 9:00am
Full Price: RM 1,050
Early Bird Price: RM 995 (payment must be made before or by 23rd October 2018 )
Per session: RM 95
Who should attend:
Those who have completed a minimum of 200 Hours Teacher Training. We also encourage those who have completed 300 hours training to attend this refresher course.
Course Credits Towards Continuing Education Program
Upon completion of the course teachers will be given course credits towards Continuing Education Program.
Eligibility for Continuing Education
Yogshakti is certified by Yoga Alliance to provide Teacher Training (RYS200) and (RYS300) and Continual Education (YACEP). Full attendance of all sessions counts for 28 Continuing Education Contact Hours under the Teaching Methodology category.
After the 200 Hours Foundation Level training you continue your learning through practical teaching experience, self practice and study and further training.For teachers to maintain registration with Yoga Alliance, they must keep current with Continuing Education.
Yogshakti is a certified provider of Continuing Education (YACEP) and offer regular courses and events against which you can log your Contact Hour requirements. Our upcoming Continuing Education courses include The Science of Pranayama, Teaching Kriyas,Bandhas & Mudras and Guiding Meditation & Yoga Nidra Sessions.