Frequently Asked Questions
We provide mats but do bring your own if you have one. In the long run we recommend that you buy one for hygienic reasons. They are available for sale at our centre.
Yes. Hatha Yoga is particularly beneficial for pregnant women and it may be practiced until delivery. Our teachers are competent in taking care of your special needs. Kindly inform the teacher prior to class if you are pregnant.
No. Yoga is a way of life and a philosophy. Practising yoga will in no way interfere with your religion.
Flexibility will improve with time and practice. It is important to start where you are.
Comfortable and stretchable exercise clothing. Our practices are done barefoot.
We have a wonderful variety to choose from. Anyone can find a style to suit them physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Please do not hesitate to ask one of our practitioners for a recommendation.
No. All our classes are drop-in. Our classes operate on a first come first serve basis so please come early enough to register, change and get settled!
- Avoid drinking liquids less than 30 minutes or eating solid food 2 – 4 hours before class. Your body needs time to eliminate liquids and digest food properly.
- Please leave your shoes on the rack outside the entrance before entering the centre.
- Please switch off your mobile phone.
- Wear comfortable clothes which do not restrict your movements or breathing and remember that yoga is always practiced bare foot.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes as this can be distracting.
- In consideration of your fellow students, please maintain a respectable level of personal hygiene.
- We reserve the right to change class teachers without prior notice.
- The timetable may change so please call for an update or refer to our website.
- On public holidays we sometimes offer special classes, so please call us or check the website regularly. However, we are closed during major festivals such as Hari Raya, Christmas, Chinese New Year and Deepavali.
- Reception is open 20 minutes prior to and during classes. Be sure to inform your teacher before class if you have any injuries, serious illnesses, if you are pregnant or if you have recently given birth.