The Power of Yoga Nidra
Online Course – You May Begin Anytime
Yoga is a journey toward self-awareness. Yoga is the stilling of the modifications of the mind. The Yogis say – “The mind alone is the cause of bondage and of liberation”, as it is the instrument through which we experience both the inner and outer worlds. It is the source of distress as well as the means for illumination. Through *Yoga Nidra which is a ‘sleep based meditation’ and Mindfulness you will learn how to tap into the clear field within from which the light and energy of the Self can radiate. Through its practice you will become naturally composed and joyful.
This 21-Day course has been designed to give you a ‘taste’ of the deeper aspects of Yoga that are beyond physical postures. It will enable you to tap into your own inner potential and awaken the dormant energy/shakti within. With practice you will attain, greater flexibility, strength; better digestion, elimination, sleep, energy, vitality and clarity of mind. You will enjoy Yoga and Meditation as a way of life and enjoy the positive effects of your practice ‘off the mat’. The course will give you the ability & confidence to undertake daily self-practice.
*Yoga Nidra, also known as ‘yogic sleep’, is a deep relaxation practice that works directly on the energetic body, inducing a state of wakeful calm and deep rest. It induces a state of deep relaxation (physical and mental) in which your heartbeat and breathing slow down, your body and mind become deeply calm, and the parasympathetic nervous system (the ‘healing response’ in the body) switches on. A session of Yoga Nidra is equivalent to around three hours of deep restorative sleep.
In this course you will be introduced to:
• A clear, systematic approach to asanas/physical postures to enhance flexibility, strength and enable you to sit for meditation with ease and comfort
• Asana routines to awaken, free and energize the subtle energy pathways
• Yogic breathing practices to calm and still the mind
• External & Internal cleansing practices to free the body of toxins
• *Yoga Nidra to release deep rooted tensions in body & mind
• Yogic Dietary principles for meditation
• The Philosophy of Meditation – the what, how and why of meditation
• Mindfulness to cultivate self-awareness in daily life
• Short specific yoga routines for daily home practice